I received an email earlier in the week that I would be receiving another shipment from Influenster! Woo hoo!! I was really excited!
I knew it was going to be dish soap but what I didn’t know was that it was going to be 3 full-size dish soaps! I definitely won’t be needing new dish soap for a little while! I really like the Lemon-Thyme and the Lime-Basil so I am going to give my Momma the Ginger & White Tea scented one. The citrus scented ones smell so fresh and clean! I’m not a big fan of floral scents but I sure do love a fresh. lemon-y smelling kitchen.
Influenster also sent 5 coupons for $1.50 off! Palmolive Fresh Infusions is currently $2.96 at Walmart so with the coupon, it will be a little over half off! Who doesn’t love a good coupon?
Anyway, speaking of loving lemon-y scented stuff, I made these awesome cookies today!
They are super delicious and super easy! I’m all about taking shortcuts in the kitchen if they produce results like this! I’m talking four ingredients people! They taste like lemon bars in cookie form! So dense, chewy, and lemon-y!
These cookies are basically just a cake mix! I know everyone is probably aware that you can make cookies out of a cake mix but I didn’t know it was possible until my junior year of high school, which wasn’t really that long ago. One of my favorite classes was Early Childhood Education. We baked a lot. I loved that class mainly because I love helping kiddos learn but the baking was the icing on the cake! Basically everyday we were in the classroom, we baked something. That’s my kind of class!
I had only made these once since high school, until now! And boy am I glad I did! We used to make the using Funfetti cake mix in ECE and I made them using Red Velvet cake mix the Christmas before last but never using Lemon cake mix. It’s almost like summer in your mouth! These would be perfect for a cook-out!
What you’ll need: Lemon Cake Mix, 2 Eggs, 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil, 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Adapted from Food.com
- 1 Box Lemon Cake Mix (You can use whatever flavor you prefer. )
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs together. The mixture will be thick.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon, roll each scoop in the powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, leaving a few inches in between.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (I only left mine in for 8 minutes, they appeared slightly under-baked but that allowed for a chewy center.) Time varies, depending on your oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a couple minutes before moving them to cooling racks.
Oh, and have one of these as soon as they come out of the oven. They just fall apart and melt in your mouth. Just be careful not to burn your tongue!
Disclaimer: I received the Palmolive Fresh Infusions from Influenster, complimentary for testing purposes.